CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE CERTIFICATION CLASS
In strict compliance with SB 199 effective March 21, 2017, which mandates all the training, application process, regulations and more regarding Concealed Handgun License procedures, the following will be covered in each class.
The class consists of six hours classroom training in the below listed subjects and two hours of live fire at the range.
Each student will be supplied with an OCFT Academy manual and the State of Ohio Concealed Carry pamphlet. Once completed with the classroom portion, there will be a fifty question open book test given to insure that all training has been understood.
In addition to mandated training, the OCFT Academy surpasses state requirements and provides additional training and personal experiences in the use of deadly force:
- Ohio Concealed Carry Law Overview
- Ohio Use of Deadly Force Overview
- Handgun Nomenclature
- Firearms & Ammunition Safety
- Handgun Function
- Handgun Handling to include proper Loading & Unloading with both the Revolver & Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Proper Storage of Firearms & Ammunition
- In depth information on what happens after Deadly Force in self-defense is used
Subsequent to successful completion of classroom training, there will be two hours of live fire at the range, where each student will be analyzed by an instructor to insure proper shooting and safety techniques. During this part of the training, the student must show proficiency with their shooting skills.
If you don’t have your own, Hearing and Eye Protection will be provided at no charge, as will silhouette targets for use at the range.
Left click on the picture below to open the link to the “Ohio’s Concealed Carry Laws and License Application” pamphlet. The contents of the pamphlet will be reviewed and discussed in great detail during the class.
!!!MAKE SURE YOU READ EACH SECTION BELOW!!!
PRICE PER PERSON: $110.00 per person.
PRICE FOR FAMILY OR GROUP: $100.00 per person for family members attending the same class or $100.00 per person for groups of 4 or more.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT: Scroll to the bottom of this page where you can enter your information and pick your class. Once completed, please click on the “SQUARE” logo to make your payment after which you will automatically receive a receipt sent to your email.
DURATION: 6 hours classroom training | 2 hours range training TOTAL: 8 hours.
CLASS & RANGE LOCATION: The classroom is located at 2423 Payne Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44114 and the range is located at 1234 Bolivar Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44115 in the center of downtown Cleveland for easy access by all.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Cannot by under Weapons Disability (left click for explanation).
- Limit caliber size to .22, .25, .380 .38, 9mm, .40, .45 Colt or ACP.
- Must produce a driver’s license or state identification.
- Must have eye and hearing protection (we will provide these at no charge if you do not have your own).
- Bring at least 100 rounds of of factory loaded ammunition.
- If you do not have a firearm for the class, do not purchase one as we discuss recommended Revolver or Semi-Automatic Pistol firearms for concealed carry.
- Firearms, including the necessary ammunition can be rented for an additional $25.00.
CLICK ON THE SQUARE LOGO BELOW TO MAKE PAYMENT
YOU MUST CHOOSE YOUR CLASS BELOW AND ENTER THE INFORMATION TO COMPLETE THE RESERVATION
SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION ONCE IT IS ENTERED
(the sections with the red asterisk * are mandatory)