CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE CERTIFICATION CLASS
In strict compliance with Ohio Revised Codes 2923.125 and 2923.126 and Senate Bill 199 effective March 21, 2017, which mandates all training, application process, regulations and more regarding Ohio’s Concealed Handgun License (CHL) procedures, the following information will be covered in class.
The class consists of six hours classroom training in the below listed subjects and two hours of live fire at the range.
Each student will be supplied with an OCFT Academy manual and the State of Ohio Concealed Carry pamphlet. Once completed with the classroom portion, there will be a fifty question open book test given to insure that all training has been understood.
In addition to mandated training, the OCFT Academy surpasses state requirements and provides additional training and personal experiences in the use of deadly force:
- Ohio Concealed Carry Law Overview
- Ohio Use of Deadly Force Overview
- Handgun Nomenclature
- Firearms & Ammunition Safety
- Handgun Function
- Handgun Handling to include proper Loading & Unloading with both the Revolver & Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Proper Storage of Firearms & Ammunition
- In depth information on what happens after Deadly Force in self-defense is used
Subsequent to successful completion of classroom training, there will be two hours of live fire at the range, where each student will be analyzed by an instructor to insure proper shooting and safety techniques. During this part of the training, the student must show proficiency with their shooting skills.
If you don’t have your own, Hearing and Eye Protection will be provided at no charge, as will silhouette targets for use at the range.
Left click on the picture below to open the link to the “Ohio’s Concealed Carry Laws and License Application” pamphlet. The contents of the pamphlet will be reviewed and discussed in great detail during the class.
!!!MAKE SURE YOU READ EACH SECTION BELOW!!!
PRICE PER PERSON: $100.00 per person.
PRICE FOR FAMILY OR GROUP: $90.00 per person for family members attending the same class or $90.00 per person for groups of 3 or more.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT: You must be registered to attend. To register and make your on-line deposit payment:
- click on the blue “SCHEDULE NOW” button below – this will link you to our card payment company for a safe and secure payment.
- enter your email address which will be needed to receive an automatically generated receipt for payment – all information is kept STRICTLY confidential.
- choose the class for the date you wish to attend – make sure to pay attention to the correct date and class.
- you will have the option to pay a $50.00 deposit ONLY! The balance will be paid at the time of class either by card, check, money order or cash.
- complete the required information including your card information and submit.
- once you complete this and the transaction has been accepted, you’ll receive a receipt to your email and you’ll be registered for that class.
DURATION: 6 hours classroom training | 2 hours range training TOTAL: 8 hours.
CLASS & RANGE LOCATION: The classroom is located at 2423 Payne Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44114 and the range is located at 1234 Bolivar Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44115 in the center of downtown Cleveland for easy access by all.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Cannot by under Weapons Disability (left click for explanation).
- Limit caliber size to .22, .25, .380 .38, 9mm, .40, .45 Colt or ACP.
- Must produce a driver’s license or state identification.
- Must have eye and hearing protection (we will provide these at no charge if you do not have your own).
- Bring at least 100 rounds of of factory loaded ammunition.
- If you do not have a firearm for the class, do not purchase one as we discuss recommended Revolver or Semi-Automatic Pistol firearms for concealed carry.
- Firearms, including the necessary ammunition can be rented for an additional $25.00.
QUESTIONS: Please enter all questions in the COMMENTS section of the information form below. This section is not for registration. If the questions are for a specific class, you can choose the class from the drop down menu. We will respond with an email or a phone call.