The State of Ohio requires that each armed security officer complete a four (4) hour annual re-qualification to demonstrate their proficiency with a firearms. This must be completed by the expiration date shown on the certificate. If the certificate expires, the complete 20 hour class must be taken again before the officer can carry a firearm while working.
This Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission class fulfills the annual private security firearms re-qualification requirement and is in strict compliance with Ohio Revised Code 4749.10 (A)(4).
COST: $95.00 In order to reserve a seat in this class, the full amount must be paid prior to the class.
***You must be registered and paid in full to attend this class!***
LOCATION: Parma Armory Shooting Center, 5301 Hauserman Road, Parma, Ohio 44130.
Please click or tap on one of the links below to register and pay for your class. Most major credit and debit cards are accepted
August 6, 2022 (Saturday, 11:00am to 3:00pm) (AVAILABLE)
August 7, 2022 (Sunday, 11:00am to 3:00pm) (AVAILABLE)
August 20, 2022 (Saturday, 11:00am to 3:00pm) (AVAILABLE)
Once you complete this and the transaction has been accepted, you’ll receive an automatically generated receipt and you’ll be registered for that class.
Students must bring the firearm, gun belt with holster, magazine pouch, two (2) magazine and ammunition used while working.
If these are not available, the below rental package is available for an additional $25.00: PAYMENT FOR RENTAL PACKAGE CAN ONLY BE MADE ON THE DAY OF THE RE-QUALIFICATION.
- Rental of a semi-auto pistol.
- Two magazines.
- Eye and hearing protection.
- 100 rounds of ammunition needed for the re-qualification MUST be supplied by the student!
IF YOU MISS THE TIME REQUIREMENT WHICH IS NO MORE THAN 15 MINUTES LATE OR JUST DO NOT ATTEND THE RE-QUALIFICATION, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR PAYMENT.
THERE IS NO REFUND OF MONEY UNLESS A PROVABLE SERIOUS SITUATION OCCURRED PREVENTING YOU FROM ATTENDING THE CLASS. OCFT ACADEMY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE YOUR REFUND BASED ON THE FACTS OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES.
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED AND PAYMENT MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO THE CLASS TO ATTEND THE RE-QUALIFICATION!
DURATION: 2 hours for testing in classroom | 2 hours firearm skill testing TOTAL: 4 hours.
- Must not be under weapons disability.
- Must be on time to the class.
REVIEW QUESTIONS 1 THRU 19! IF YOU CHECK “YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTION YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND THE CLASS UNLESS CLEARED BY OPOTA!!! TO GET CLEARANCE, YOU MUST EMAIL ME A JOURNAL ENTRY FROM THE COURT AT LEAST TEN (10) DAYS BEFORE CLASS, WHICH I’LL FORWARD TO OPOTA FOR REVIEW AND DETERMINATION. PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO QUESTIONS 1, 3, 12, 17 AND 18.
YOU MUST GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS EVEN IF YOU’VE HAD A RECORD SEALED OR EXPUNGED!
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR ELIGIBILITY, PLEASE CONTACT ME BY PHONE OR EMAIL. WE WILL COMPLETE THE FORMS IN THE CLASSROOM.
STUDENT DISCLOSURES AND STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony offense in any jurisdiction, including any conviction that has been sealed or expunged? (If so, you may not attend any portion of a Peace Officer Basic Training Academy.)
- Are you a fugitive from justice?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony offense of violence as defined in ORC 2901.01?
- Have you ever been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been a felony offense of violence?
- Have you ever been convicted of any felony offense involving a drug of abuse?
- Have you ever been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been a felony offense involving a drug of abuse?
- Are you drug dependent, in danger of drug dependence, or a chronic alcoholic?
- Are you under adjudication from any court for mental incompetence?
- Have you been adjudicated by a court as a mental defective?
- Have you been committed by a court to a mental institution?
- Have you been found by a court to be a mentally ill person subject to hospitalization by court order, or have you been an involuntary patient other than one who is a patient only for purposes of observation?
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime that had a possible sentence of more than one year?
- Are you an alien, illegally or unlawfully in the United States?
- Have you been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions?
- Have you renounced your United States citizenship?
- Are you under a court order that restrains you from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or the child of such intimate partner, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child?
- Have you been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?
- Have you been convicted of a misdemeanor crime that has, as an element of that crime, the use or attempted use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon? If yes, please explain your relationship with the victim )stranger, present or former spouse, household member, child, other family member, other – please describe).
- Do you currently have criminal charges pending in any jurisdiction?