This Page Provides Information on Training and the Bottom of this Page Allows for Debit/Credit Payment
In strict compliance with Ohio Revised Code 4749.10, mandated by the State of Ohio Attorney General, states:
- that any individual desiring work as an armed uniformed private security officer must successfully complete a basic firearm training program at a training school approved by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission,
- which includes twenty hours of training in handgun use.
- this course consists of classroom training where Student Performance Objectives (SPOs) regarding the use of force, firearm safety and range safety rules are taught and tested.
- the classroom portion also includes basic fundamentals of pistol craft, firearm nomenclature, fight-or-flight response and how it affects you physically and mentally and other aspects of carrying and using a firearm.
- the range portion consists of holster drills, sight picture, sight alignment, trigger press and much more,
- also included during range portion is live fire training and completing the SPOs to demonstrate firearms proficiency.
In addition to the required SPOs, the Ohio Concealed Handgun License Certification pamphlet is also taught, which will allow the student to apply for their state concealed carry license with the OPOTA certificate. The following are subject matters taught:
- Ohio Use of Deadly Force Overview
- Handgun Nomenclature
- Firearms & Ammunition Safety
- Handgun Function
- Handgun Handling to include proper Loading & Unloading with both the Revolver & Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Proper Storage of Firearms & Ammunition
- Ohio Concealed Carry Law Overview
- In depth information on what happens after Deadly Force in self-defense is used
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK AND REVIEW QUESTIONS 1 THRU 18. IF YOUR ANSWER IS “YES” TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND THIS CLASS PER STATE OF OHIO LAW!
PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO QUESTION #1 WHICH STATES THAT EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY HAVE HAD A CONVICTION SEALED OR EXPUNGED, YOU MAY STILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY ATTEND THE CLASS :
If Question #1 affects you, please contact me by email or phone. Authorization can be granted by OPOTA to attend the class, but a final action Journal Entry must be submitted to OPOTA for their clearance prior to attending class.
A $100.00 DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED TO SECURE A SEAT IN THIS CLASS!
PRICE: $235.00 which includes everything needed for the range portion of the class:
- RENTAL OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Glock Model 17 9mm semi-auto pistol.
- Three magazines.
- A duty belt which includes a holster, magazine pouch and belt keepers.
- Eye and hearing protection.
- Includes all of the ammunition needed to complete the class.
REGISTRATION, DEPOSIT & BALANCE PAYMENT: You must be registered to attend this class!
- To register, the deposit amount of $100.00 must be paid at a minimum. Once paid and and the information form is completed and submitted, you will be registered for your chosen class. MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE COURSE YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR IN THE “COURSE” SECTION OF THE INFORMATION FORM!
- The balance of $135.00 must be paid by the first day of class.
- You can also choose to pay the complete amount of $235.00 at which time you will be listed as PAID IN FULL.
PAYMENT: Scroll to the bottom of this page and click on after the registration form and class choice is submitted for the card payment option.
DEPOSIT POLICY: DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE!!! Under extreme hardship or emergency circumstances, which Ohio Citizens Firearms Training, LLC reserves the right to determine, a refund may be applied to one future class through this company.
IF YOU MISS THE TIME REQUIREMENT WHICH IS NO MORE THAN 15 MINUTES LATE OR SIMPLY DO NOT ATTEND THE CLASS, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR DEPOSIT.
DURATION: 12 hours classroom training | 8 hours range training TOTAL: 20 hours.
CLASS & RANGE LOCATION: OCFT Academy training facility at the Public Safety Training Center, Parma, Ohio. (Click Here for Map)
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must not be under weapons disability.
- Must be on time to the class.
- Must pay balance by first day of class.
QUESTIONS: Please enter all questions in the COMMENTS section of the information form below. We will respond with an email or a phone call.
! ! ! THIS IS A PERFORMANCE DRIVEN CLASS ! ! !
The State of Ohio mandates that only those individuals who achieve a PASSING status on both the written and firearms performance objectives will be certified by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission.
Each student can test twice on both components, and if the objectives are not met, then those students will receive a FAILING status. Those students who receive a failing status must take the entire 20 Hour class over.
OCFT Academy will allow those students who fail a one time chance to retake the class for $175.00. If the class must be taken again due to another failing status, then full price of the next class must be paid.
PER STATE OF OHIO LAW, DO NOT BRING ANY FIREARMS ONTO COLLEGE PROPERTY!
TO COMPLETE THE RESERVATION, YOU MUST:
- Enter the information in the form below (the sections with the red asterisks * are mandatory).
- Choose the class you want to attend from the COURSE section.
- Click the SUBMIT button once the form is completed.
- Click the “SQUARE” Logo button and choose your payment amount, enter your credit/debit card information and submit it.
CLICK ON THE SQUARE LOGO BELOW TO MAKE PAYMENT
THE JANUARY 20 & 21, 2018, CLASS IS FULL AND NO LONGER ACCEPTING REGISTRATION – PLEASE CHOOSE ANOTHER DATE LISTED