Welcome to the newly revised and updated 20 HOUR O.P.O.T.A. PRIVATE SECURITY FIREARMS CLASS presented by OCFT Academy! We have revised the training schedule and location for a better O.P.O.T.A training experience.
OCFT Academy will now conduct its classes at:
Parma Armory, 5301 Hauserman Road, Parma, Ohio 44130.
Click or tap on one of the following 20 HOUR O.P.O.T.A. PRIVATE SECURITY FIREARMS class dates for registration and deposit payment information.
CLASS COST IS $225.00
January 22, 23 and 24, 2021 (AVAILABLE)
February 5, 6 and 7, 2021 (AVAILABLE)
February 26, 27 and 28, 2021 (AVAILABLE)
March 12, 13 and 14, 2021 (AVAILABLE)
Please click or tap on the below picture to view the class schedule.
(click or tap the back arrow to get back to this page)
• • • PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PAGE FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION • • •
REGISTRATION FOR THIS CLASS AND DEPOSIT PAYMENT INDICATES THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THE LISTED POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR THIS CLASS.
This Page Provides Information on Training and the Bottom of this Page Allows for Debit/Credit Payment
In strict compliance with Ohio Revised Code 4749.10, mandated by the State of Ohio Attorney General, states:
- that any individual desiring work as an armed uniformed private security officer must successfully complete a basic firearm training program at a training school approved by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission,
- which includes twenty hours of training in handgun use.
- this course consists of classroom training where Student Performance Objectives (SPOs) regarding the use of force, firearm safety and range safety rules are taught and tested.
- the classroom portion also includes basic fundamentals of pistol craft, firearm nomenclature, fight-or-flight response and how it affects you physically and mentally and other aspects of carrying and using a firearm.
- the range portion consists of holster drills, sight picture, sight alignment, trigger press and much more,
- also included during range portion is live fire training and completing the SPOs to demonstrate firearms proficiency.
In addition to the required SPOs, the Ohio Concealed Handgun License Certification pamphlet is also taught, which will allow the student to apply for their state concealed carry license with the OPOTA certificate. The following are subject matters taught:
- Ohio Use of Deadly Force Overview
- Handgun Nomenclature
- Firearms & Ammunition Safety
- Handgun Function
- Handgun Handling to include proper Loading & Unloading with both the Revolver & Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Proper Storage of Firearms & Ammunition
- Ohio Concealed Carry Law Overview
- In depth information on what happens after Deadly Force in self-defense is used
! ! ! THIS IS A PERFORMANCE DRIVEN CLASS ! ! !
The State of Ohio mandates that only those individuals who achieve a PASSING score on both the written and firearms performance objectives will be certified by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission.
Each student can test twice on each test. If both attempts are failed on the written test, the student will receive a FAILING score and will not be able to continue to the practical range training and testing. If the student receives a FAILING score twice on any of the practical range performance objectives, that student will not be certified.
FAILING EITHER THE WRITTEN TEST OR PRACTICAL RANGE TEST WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FROM BEING CERTIFIED – THIS DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO A REFUND!
OCFT Academy will allow those students who fail a one time chance to retake the class for $185.00. If the class must be taken again due to another failing score, then full price of the next class must be paid.
REVIEW QUESTIONS 1 THRU 19 by clicking or tapping on the below STUDENT DISCLOSURE FORM.
IF YOU CHECK “YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTION YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND THE CLASS UNLESS CLEARED BY OPOTA!!!
TO GET CLEARANCE, YOU MUST EMAIL ME A JOURNAL ENTRY FROM THE COURT AT LEAST FOURTEEN (14) DAYS BEFORE CLASS, WHICH I’LL FORWARD TO OPOTA FOR REVIEW AND DETERMINATION.
YOU MUST GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS EVEN IF YOU’VE HAD A RECORD SEALED OR EXPUNGED!
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR ELIGIBILITY, PLEASE CONTACT ME BY PHONE OR EMAIL. WE WILL COMPLETE THE FORMS IN THE CLASSROOM.
(click or tap the back arrow to get back to this page)
PRICE: $225.00. A $100.00 DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED TO SECURE A SEAT IN THIS CLASS!
You are responsible for the following items for the class:
- A properly functioning Semi-automatic Pistol. If you do not have one, you can bring a borrowed firearm.
- Firearms are available for rental which comes with one box of ammunition. You can purchase additional ammunition. MAKE SURE TO LET ME KNOW WAY IN ADVANCE BECAUSE CERTAIN CALBER AMMUNITION IS VERY SCARCE.
- Recommended calibers are either a 9mm, .40 caliber, .45 caliber or 10mm. Please email me if you wish to bring a different caliber firearm.
- 150 rounds of ammunition for the firearm you are training with. NO STEEL CORE AND NO STEEL CASINGS. Email me if you’re not sure what this is.
- A duty belt or any belt which will securely hold a holster in place.
- A holster that will securely accommodate the firearm you are using.
- A magazine pouch and at least two magazines.
- Eye and ear protection. If you don’t have these they will be provided at no charge.
If you have any questions make sure to contact me by email or phone as soon as you can.
REGISTRATION, DEPOSIT & BALANCE PAYMENT:
***You must be registered to attend this class!***
To register and reserve a seat in your chosen class, the deposit amount of $100.00 must be paid in advance! The balance of $125.00 can be paid in a subsequent payment up to and including the first day of your class.
PAYMENT: To register and make your on-line deposit payment:
- click on the blue “SCHEDULE NOW” button below – this will link you to our card payment company for a safe and secure payment.
- choose the class for the date you want which will schedule you for both Saturday and Sunday – make sure to pay attention to the correct date
- complete the required information, enter your card number and submit.
- once you complete this and the transaction has been accepted, you’ll receive an automatically generated receipt and you’ll be registered for that class.
DEPOSIT POLICY: DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE!!! Under very limited hardship or emergency circumstances, which Ohio Citizens Firearms Training, LLC reserves the right to determine, a deposit may be applied to one future class through this company.
*** IF YOU MISS THE TIME REQUIREMENT WHICH IS NO MORE THAN 15 MINUTES LATE OR SIMPLY DO NOT ATTEND THE CLASS, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR DEPOSIT.
DURATION: 12 hours classroom training | 8 hours range training TOTAL: 20 hours.
CLASS & RANGE LOCATION: OCFT Academy training facility at Parma Armory, 5301 Hauserman Road, Parma, Ohio 44130 (Click Here for Map)
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must not be under weapons disability.
- Must be on time to the class.
- Must pay balance by first day of class.
QUESTIONS: Please enter all questions in the COMMENTS section of the information form below. This section is not for registration. If the questions are for a specific class, you can choose the class from the drop down menu. We will respond with an email or a phone call.