In strict compliance with Ohio Revised Code 4749.10, mandated by the State of Ohio Attorney General, states that any individual desiring work as an armed uniformed private security officer must successfully complete a basic firearm training program at a training school approved by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission, which includes twenty hours of training in handgun use.
The course consists of 12 hours classroom where Student Performance Objectives (SPOs) regarding the use of force, firearm safety and range safety rules are taught and tested.
In addition to the required SPOs, the Ohio Concealed Handgun License Certification pamphlet is also taught, which will allow the student to apply for their state concealed carry license with the OPOTA certificate. The following are subject matters taught:
- Ohio Use of Deadly Force Overview
- Handgun Nomenclature
- Firearms & Ammunition Safety
- Handgun Function
- Handgun Handling to include proper Loading & Unloading with both the Revolver & Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Proper Storage of Firearms & Ammunition
- Ohio Concealed Carry Law Overview
- In depth information on what happens after Deadly Force in self-defense is used
The classroom portion includes basic fundamentals of pistol craft, holster drills, sight picture, sight alignment, trigger press and much more. The range portion consists of live fire training and completing the OPOTA Student Performance Objectives to demonstrate firearms proficiency.
If you don’t have your own Hearing and Eye Protection, they will be provided at no charge, as will silhouette targets for use at the range.
YOU MUST GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK AND REVIEW QUESTIONS 1 THRU 18. IF YOUR ANSWER IS “YES” TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND THIS CLASS PER STATE OF OHIO LAW:
A $100.00 DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED TO SECURE A SEAT IN THIS CLASS!
!!!MAKE SURE YOU READ EACH SECTION BELOW!!!
PRICE: $225.00 which includes everything needed for the range portion of the class:
- RENTAL OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Glock Model 17 9mm semi-auto pistol.
- Three magazines.
- A duty belt which includes a holster, magazine pouch and belt keepers.
- Eye and hearing protection.
- Includes all of the ammunition needed to complete the class.
REGISTRATION, DEPOSIT & BALANCE PAYMENT: (IMPORTANT) When submitting your name, email address and phone number below, in the COMMENTS section, please enter your question.
If you want to register for the class, enter the word “REGISTER”. You will be invoiced for the deposit to your email which is payable by any of the following cards:
We DO NOT accept PayPal. Once your deposit is received, you will be notified by email that you are officially registered for that class and your seat is reserved.
DEPOSIT POLICY: DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE!!!
A CHANGE OF CLASS CANNOT BE MADE LATER THAN 6:00 PM ON THE TUESDAY PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS!
IF YOU MEET THIS TIME REQUIREMENT, YOU MAY APPLY YOUR DEPOSIT ONE TIME FOR A FUTURE CLASS.
THERE IS NO REFUND OF MONEY.
IF YOU MISS THE TIME REQUIREMENT OR JUST DO NOT ATTEND THE CLASS, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR DEPOSIT.
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED TO ATTEND THE CLASS!
DURATION: 12 hours classroom training | 8 hours range training TOTAL: 20 hours.
CLASS & RANGE LOCATION: OCFT Academy training facility at the Public Safety Training Center, Parma, Ohio. (Click Here for Map)
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must not be under weapons disability.
- Must be on time to the class.
- Must pay balance by first day of class.
• Do not bring any firearm onto college property!
! ! ! THIS IS A PERFORMANCE DRIVEN CLASS ! ! !
The State of Ohio mandates that only those individuals who achieve a PASSING status on both the written and firearms performance objectives will be certified by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission.
Each student can test twice on both components, and if the objectives are not met, then those students will receive a FAILING status. Those students who receive a failing status must take the entire 20 Hour class over.
OCFT Academy will allow those students who fail a one time chance to retake the class for $175.00. If the class must be taken again due to another failing status, then full price of the next class must be paid.
CHOOSE YOUR CLASS BELOW AND ENTER THE INFORMATION
- DO NOT LEAVE THE COMMENT SECTION EMPTY! IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, ENTER IT IN THE COMMENT SECTION AND WE WILL EMAIL OR CALL YOU WITH INFORMATION.
- IF YOU WANT TO REGISTER FOR THE CLASS, TYPE THE WORD “REGISTER” IN THE COMMENT SECTION. YOU WILL THEN RECEIVE AN INVOICE FOR THE DEPOSIT. ONCE YOU PAY THE DEPOSIT YOU WILL RECEIVE A RECEIPT AND YOU’LL BE REGISTERED FOR THE CLASS.