Click or tap on one of the following ADVANCED PISTOL TRAINING class dates for a quick link to the registration and deposit payment information.
Please Tap of Click on the below Link to Register for the Below Class
SINCE THIS CLASS IS HELD OUTDOORS WITH ACCESS BY DIRT ROAD ONLY, WE WILL RESUME CLASSES IN THE SPRING OF 2020 BASED ON WEATHER. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR DATES.
THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIREMENTS FOR CLASS ATTENDANCE:
- Individuals who possess a Concealed Handgun License or have a valid Certificate of Completion from any school waiting for their license.
- Any person who is associated with a law enforcement agency.
- Any person who has received their 20 Hour OPOTA Private Security Firearms certificate.
- Must not be under weapons disability.
- Selected individuals who have had other firearms training and are proficient in pistol craft – THIS IS NOT A BEGINNERS CLASS!
These classes are held at a private outdoor range near Wellington, Ohio during late spring, summer and early autumn.
PICTURES OF ONE OF OUR CLASSES
(click on picture to enlarge)
The Advanced Pistol Training Course is an important and necessary part of your pistol training. Normal public ranges, with stationary targets, stationary shooters and range operation restrictions do not allow the public to practice realistic deadly force defensive encounter tactics and advanced tactical shooting techniques.
This training will allow students to work closely and unencumbered with tactical instructors in developing their skills in advanced shooting tactics.
Orientation and discussion of the positive mindset and the importance of working on essential pistol skills begin the class. During live fire training, the instructors work with students to achieve an advanced level of skills related to stance, pistol grip and drawing from the holster, and target acquisition.
Subsequent to this motor skill training, the class will continue with live fire training which includes the following:
- holster drills (proper grip for drawing and subsequent holstering)
- flanking moves on drawing from the holster and reloading
- emergency reloading
- malfunction clearing
- moving and shooting to positions of cover
- students will be challenged both mentally and physically as stress inoculation is integrated to increase the pressure and therefore effectiveness of the training!
Course objectives are:
- The importance of carrying and using a pistol responsibly and lawfully for personal protection
- Basic principles of concealment and safety for open carry.
- Mental awareness.
- Mental preparation to develop a defensive mindset for carrying and using a pistol for personal protection.
- Techniques for avoiding life-threatening confrontations.
- Explain the psychological and physiological changes that may occur during a violent attack.
- Flash sight picture, point shooting and instinctive shooting.
- Reloading under stress.
- Clearing common stoppages – immediate action drills.
- Present a pistol from concealment and holster.
- Cover and concealment, shooting from behind cover.
- Present a pistol from concealment and shoot targets at varying distances.
- Moving off the line of attack and shoot.
- De-escalation and post use of deadly force actions.
COST: $125.00 per person
- Training at a private outdoor range used exclusively by the class.
- Canopy tents for shelter from sun or rain.
- Parking adjacent to the range.
- Fresh lunch prepared on-site on an open grill.
DURATION: 8 hour (1 hour classroom training | 7 hours range training).
RANGE LOCATION: Private outdoor range located approximately 10 miles south of Wellington, Ohio in Lorain County. A detailed map with directions will be provided once registration is complete.
REQUIREMENTS: Bring the firearm you carry concealed, carry open or carry at work.
- Semi-automatic pistol with at least two magazines.
- Revolver with at least one speed loader.
- Holster you use for concealed/open carry/work.
- A coat or other outer garment to use to conceal firearm for holster draw and shooting scenarios.
- Eye and ear protection. We have them for use if you do not have them.
- At least 400 rounds of “factory loaded” ammunition.
- The applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- The applicant IS NOT a fugitive from justice.
- The applicant is not under indictment for any felony, drug offense, and domestic violence offense, or a misdemeanor of violence.
- The applicant has not plead guilty to, or been convicted of, any felony, drug offense, domestic violence (plead guilty to a lesser charge to avoid a domestic violence conviction), misdemeanor of violence, or offense involving a child.
- The applicant, within the last three years, has not been convicted or plead guilty to, a misdemeanor of violence.
- The applicant, within five years, has not been convicted of, or plead guilty to, an offense described above as a juvenile offender.
- The applicant is not currently subject to a temporary protection order, protection order, or restraining order.
- The applicant has not been adjudicated as a mental defective, has not been committed to a mental institution, not deemed mentally incompetent or subject to a court ordered hospitalization.
Lunch will be provided at no additional charge. The meal, which is prepared on site, consists of grilled chicken, potato with grilled onions, water, iced tea or coffee. You are also welcomed to bring your own lunch. Please notify us of any food alergies.
This class will take place regardless of weather conditions during the spring, summer and autumn months. Only a forecast of severe sustained all day rains or tornadic conditions and warnings will result in cancellation. If cancelled, you will have prior choice in attending a future class or a refund. If a thunder storm with lightning is experienced, the class will be moved to an indoor classroom until the lightning ceases.
There will be canopy tents set up adjacent to the firing line for shelter from rain and sun. Please bring folding chairs for your seating comfort.
REGISTRATION, PAYMENT AND ATTENDANCE POLICY:
***You must be registered to attend this class!***
To register and reserve a seat in this class, a mandatory deposit in the amount of $50.00 must be paid prior to class attendance. Once placed, you’ll receive an email with specific information pertaining to the class such as directions and map, necessary items to bring and more.
There will also be a link to pay the $60.00 balance for your convenience by the date of class. Balance payment can also be made at the beginning of class with a check, money order or cash.
PAYMENT: To register and make your on-line payment:
- click on the blue “SCHEDULE NOW” button below – this will link you to our card payment company for a safe and secure payment.
- choose the class for the date you wish to attend – make sure to pay attention to the correct date
- complete the required information, enter your card number and submit.
- once you complete this and the transaction has been accepted, you’ll receive an automatically generated receipt by email and you’ll be registered for that class.
QUESTIONS: Please enter all questions in the COMMENTS section of the information form below. THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR REGISTRATION. If the questions are for a specific class, you can choose the class from the drop down menu. We will respond with an email or a phone call.