Choose one of the following PRIVATE SECURITY FIREARMS RE-QUALIFICATION (OPOTA) classes for registration and payment information.
November 24, 2019 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
(THIS CLASS IS FULL AND NO LONGER AVAILABLE – PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR CLASSES FOR 2020)
This Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission class fulfills the annual private security firearms re-qualification requirement and is in strict compliance with Ohio Revised Code 4749.10 (A)(4).
PRICE: $85.00. In order to reserve a seat in this class, the full amount must be paid prior to the class.
Students are urged to bring the firearm, gun belt with holster, magazine pouch, three (3) magazine and ammunition used while working.
If these are not available, the below rental package is available for an additional $20.00: PAYMENT FOR RENTAL PACKAGE CAN ONLY BE MADE ON THE DAY OF THE RE-QUALIFICATION.
- Rental of a Glock Model 17 9mm semi-auto pistol.
- Three magazines.
- A duty belt which includes a holster, magazine pouch and belt keepers.
- Eye and hearing protection.
- Includes all of the ammunition needed to complete the re-qualification.
REGISTRATION, PAYMENT AND ATTENDANCE POLICY:
***You must be registered to attend this class!***
To register and reserve a seat in your chosen class, the total amount of $85.00 must be paid prior to the class
PAYMENT: To register and make your on-line payment:
- click on the blue “SCHEDULE NOW” button below – this will link you to our card payment company for a safe and secure payment.
- choose the class for the date you want which will schedule you for both Saturday and Sunday – make sure to pay attention to the correct date
- complete the required information, enter your card number and submit.
- once you complete this and the transaction has been accepted, you’ll receive an automatically generated receipt and you’ll be registered for that class.
IF YOU MISS THE TIME REQUIREMENT WHICH IS NO MORE THAN 15 MINUTES LATE OR JUST DO NOT ATTEND THE RE-QUALIFICATION, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR PAYMENT.
THERE IS NO REFUND OF MONEY UNLESS A PROVABLE SERIOUS SITUATION OCCURRED PREVENTING YOU FROM ATTENDING THE CLASS. OCFT ACADEMY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE YOUR REFUND BASED ON THE FACTS OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES.
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED AND PAYMENT MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO THE CLASS TO ATTEND THE RE-QUALIFICATION!
DURATION: 2 hours for testing in classroom | 2 hours firearm skill testing TOTAL: 4 hours.
CLASS & RANGE LOCATION: OCFT Academy training facility at the Public Safety Training Center, Parma, Ohio. (Click Here for Map)
- Must not be under weapons disability.
- Must be on time to the class.
REVIEW QUESTIONS 1 THRU 19! IF YOU CHECK “YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTION YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND THE CLASS UNLESS CLEARED BY OPOTA!!! TO GET CLEARANCE, YOU MUST EMAIL ME A JOURNAL ENTRY FROM THE COURT AT LEAST TEN (10) DAYS BEFORE CLASS, WHICH I’LL FORWARD TO OPOTA FOR REVIEW AND DETERMINATION. PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO QUESTIONS 1, 3, 12, 17 AND 18.
YOU MUST GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS EVEN IF YOU’VE HAD A RECORD SEALED OR EXPUNGED!
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR ELIGIBILITY, PLEASE CONTACT ME BY PHONE OR EMAIL. WE WILL COMPLETE THE FORMS IN THE CLASSROOM.
STUDENT DISCLOSURES AND STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony offense in any jurisdiction, including any conviction that has been sealed or expunged? (If so, you may not attend any portion of a Peace Officer Basic Training Academy.)
- Are you a fugitive from justice?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony offense of violence as defined in ORC 2901.01?
- Have you ever been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been a felony offense of violence?
- Have you ever been convicted of any felony offense involving a drug of abuse?
- Have you ever been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been a felony offense involving a drug of abuse?
- Are you drug dependent, in danger of drug dependence, or a chronic alcoholic?
- Are you under adjudication from any court for mental incompetence?
- Have you been adjudicated by a court as a mental defective?
- Have you been committed by a court to a mental institution?
- Have you been found by a court to be a mentally ill person subject to hospitalization by court order, or have you been an involuntary patient other than one who is a patient only for purposes of observation?
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime that had a possible sentence of more than one year?
- Are you an alien, illegally or unlawfully in the United States?
- Have you been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions?
- Have you renounced your United States citizenship?
- Are you under a court order that restrains you from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or the child of such intimate partner, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child?
- Have you been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?
- Have you been convicted of a misdemeanor crime that has, as an element of that crime, the use or attempted use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon? If yes, please explain your relationship with the victim )stranger, present or former spouse, household member, child, other family member, other – please describe).
- Do you currently have criminal charges pending in any jurisdiction?
PER STATE OF OHIO LAW, DO NOT BRING ANY LOADED FIREARMS ONTO COLLEGE PROPERTY! MAKE SURE YOUR FIREARM IS UNLOADED WITH THE AMMUNITION SEPARATELY STORED
QUESTIONS: Please enter all questions in the COMMENTS section of the information form below. This section is not for registration. If the questions are for a specific class, you can choose the class from the drop down menu. We will respond with an email or a phone call.