Choose one of the following PRIVATE SECURITY FIREARMS RE-QUALIFICATION (OPOTA) class dates for registration and payment information.
This Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission class fulfills the annual private security firearms re-qualification requirement and is in strict compliance with Ohio Revised Code 4749.10 (A)(4).
PRICE: $85.00. In order to reserve a seat in this class, the full amount must be paid prior to the class.
Students are urged to bring the firearm, gun belt with holster, magazine pouch, three (3) magazine and ammunition used while working.
If these are not available, the below rental package is available for an additional $20.00: PAYMENT FOR RENTAL PACKAGE CAN ONLY BE MADE ON THE DAY OF THE RE-QUALIFICATION.
- Rental of a Glock Model 17 9mm semi-auto pistol.
- Three magazines.
- A duty belt which includes a holster, magazine pouch and belt keepers.
- Eye and hearing protection.
- Includes all of the ammunition needed to complete the re-qualification.
REGISTRATION, PAYMENT AND ATTENDANCE POLICY:
***You must be registered to attend this class!***
To register and reserve a seat in your chosen class, the total amount of $85.00 must be paid prior to the class
PAYMENT: To register and make your on-line payment:
- click on the blue “SCHEDULE NOW” button below – this will link you to our card payment company for a safe and secure payment.
- choose the class for the date you want which will schedule you for both Saturday and Sunday – make sure to pay attention to the correct date
- complete the required information, enter your card number and submit.
- once you complete this and the transaction has been accepted, you’ll receive an automatically generated receipt and you’ll be registered for that class.
IF YOU MISS THE TIME REQUIREMENT WHICH IS NO MORE THAN 15 MINUTES LATE OR JUST DO NOT ATTEND THE RE-QUALIFICATION, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR PAYMENT.
THERE IS NO REFUND OF MONEY UNLESS A PROVABLE SERIOUS SITUATION OCCURRED PREVENTING YOU FROM ATTENDING THE CLASS. OCFT ACADEMY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE YOUR REFUND BASED ON THE FACTS OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES.
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED AND PAYMENT MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO THE CLASS TO ATTEND THE RE-QUALIFICATION!
DURATION: 2 hours for testing in classroom | 2 hours firearm skill testing TOTAL: 4 hours.
CLASS & RANGE LOCATION: OCFT Academy training facility at the Public Safety Training Center, Parma, Ohio. (Click Here for Map)
- Must not be under weapons disability.
- Must be on time to the class.
GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK AND REVIEW QUESTIONS 1 THRU 18. IF YOUR ANSWER IS “YES” TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND THIS CLASS PER STATE OF OHIO LAW!
PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO QUESTION #1 WHICH STATES THAT EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY HAVE HAD A CONVICTION SEALED OR EXPUNGED, YOU MAY STILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY ATTEND THE CLASS! ANY FELONY ARREST OR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ARREST MUST BE BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION BEFORE YOU ATTEND THE CLASS REGARDLESS OF THE FINAL DISPOSITION!!!:
GO TO THIS LINK:
If Question #1 affects you or any part of this form affects you, YOU MUST contact me by email prior to attending the class. Authorization to attend the class for sealed or expunged records must be granted by OPOTA. YOU MAY NOT automatically attend the class until your Journal Entry is submitted to OPOTA for their review and decision.
When choosing a class date, you must email me a scanned copy of your Journal Entry ten days prior to the class date so I can forward it to OPOTA.
PER STATE OF OHIO LAW, DO NOT BRING ANY LOADED FIREARMS ONTO COLLEGE PROPERTY! MAKE SURE YOUR FIREARM IS UNLOADED WITH THE AMMUNITION SEPARATELY STORED
QUESTIONS: Please enter all questions in the COMMENTS section of the information form below. This section is not for registration. If the questions are for a specific class, you can choose the class from the drop down menu. We will respond with an email or a phone call.