MAKE SURE YOU QUALIFY FOR CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE TRAINING BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR ANY CLASSES
The Ohio Revised Code section 2923.125 permits citizens of the State of Ohio to carry concealed handguns as long as they meet the following provisions prior to application:
- The applicant is at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- The applicant IS NOT a fugitive from justice.
- The applicant is not under indictment for any felony, drug offense, and domestic violence offense, or a misdemeanor of violence.
- The applicant has not plead guilty to, or been convicted of, any felony, drug offense, domestic violence (Plead guilty to a lesser charge to avoid a domestic violence conviction), misdemeanor of violence, or offense involving a child.
- The applicant, within the last three years of application, has not been convicted or plead guilty to, a misdemeanor of violence.
- The applicant, within five years of application, has not been convicted of, or plead guilty to, an offense described above as a juvenile offender.
- The applicant is not currently subject to a temporary protection order, a protection order, or a restraining order.
- The applicant has not been adjudicated as a mental defective, has not been committed to a mental institution, not deemed mentally incompetent or subject to a court ordered hospitalization.
The background and fingerprint check completed at the time of application WILL reveal the above listed activity. Do not apply if you have a concern about any of these areas. Money paid WILL NOT be refunded if you are refused a permit due to any of the above listed items.
MAKE SURE YOU QUALIFY FOR THE 20 HOUR O.P.O.T.A. PRIVATE SECURITY FIREARMS TRAINING BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR ANY CLASSES
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE APPLYING FOR THE POSITION OF AN ARMED SECURITY OFFICER
GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK AND REVIEW QUESTIONS 1 THRU 18 ONLY. THERE ARE MORE QUESTIONS, BUT THIS PERTAINS ONLY TO QUESTIONS 1 THRU 18. IF YOUR ANSWER IS “YES” TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND THIS CLASS PER STATE OF OHIO LAW!
PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO QUESTION #1 WHICH STATES THAT EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY HAVE HAD A CONVICTION SEALED OR EXPUNGED, YOU MAY STILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY ATTEND THE CLASS :
If Question #1 affects you, please contact me by email or phone. Authorization can be granted by OPOTA to attend the class, but a final action Journal Entry must be submitted to OPOTA for their clearance prior to attending class.